- Product range
- Colour chart
- JUB TV
- Send us your inquiry or question
- Store locator
DECOR Pearl - the appearance of a pearl
The PEARL technique allows us to achieve the appearance of an evenly arranged surface by means of fine glitters which shine through and thus create a shading pearly appearance on the surface. The technique has obtained its name considering the pearly final appearance.
Preparation and manufacturing
Preparation of surface
- Applying an undercoat: the surface should be dry, solid, without any oil stains and similar impurities. Ensure colour equality of the surface and apply an undercoat, if necessary, to achieve a uniform colour tone of the surface. Use white paint.
- Smoothing the surface: with Jubolin filler (Jubolin, P25 or P50) using a stainless smoothing trowel.
- Sanding the surface: removing dust particles by hoovering or a fine brush.
- Impregnation: with Akril emulsion (1:1).
Painting the surface
Surface should be dry, solid, without any oil stains and similar impurities. JUPOL Brilliant may be applied white or, if desired, in a colour combination of this paint undercoat and of Artcolor (more demanding).
Application with a roller
Artcolor is applied by the first worker and the size of the processed surface is 0.5 m. Coat thickness is ~0.2- 0.5 mm. Artcolor must not dry up until the second worker forms the pattern structure.
Forming the structure
The second worker forms a pattern structure with a decorative roller making vertical strokes, then strokes in the direction of one diagonal and, finally, in the direction of the opposite diagonal. If the decorative roller is filled with Artcolor, simply wipe it.
Tools and material
- Ordinary roller
- “Flock” roller
- Stainless smoothing trowel
- Stainless trowel
- Decorative roller
- Akril emulsion
- Jubolin filler (P25, P50)
- JUPOL Brilliant